Thursday, February 24, 2011

A long time coming: President's Day pow for Shred-Fest '11!

Sorry to start my blog out of chronological order, but too many people lack patience so I caved-in and edited up my most recent footage.  Well, to be correct it would be Kyle's footage as he was the guest camera-man of the day, so sorry for those of you praying for pure snowboarding (we plan to angle the cam up more next time he rocks it).  Taken on 2/21/2011, there was 5-18" of fresh Cold Smoke on top of the previous day's 5"+ and we finally had a blue-bird to boot, though Moonlight Basin is always in the shade of Lone Peak.  Watch for glimpses Vern, Jeremy, Cassi, Shanna, Louie, Michael, and myself throughout.  Be sure to check Cassi's brief footage hucking "my first cliff"!  Easily one of my top ten best days of snowboarding to date!

I would like to point out that I have a chip in the exterior lens that obscures a small section on the video, but I plan to replace it soon!  Also, I am learning to deal with condensation inside the camera housing so some of my other footage has a fog effect.  My footage and processing will only get better!  I also need to learn to link Vimeo videos because YouTube has limitations for video size and length, so feel free to send suggestions.

http://www.vimeo.com/20328692

I hope you enjoyed it and check back next week for more footage!  Shred-on in the meantime :)

FFL

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Blogosphere! You started off with a pow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heading to Afton tomorrow with the kids - Lucas rode his first rail up at Spirit 'Mtn' a few weeks ago - he is hooked.

    ReplyDelete